In controlled demolition industry, Edifice Engineering an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company has done blasting of 65M tall column beam structure, with the help of explosive material by placing the same in strategic location of the structure and timing the detonation so as to collapse a structure in seconds however without physical damage to the nearby structure.
It involves the following steps
- 1Planning and study of the structure as to understand the strength of the structure
- 2Drilling of Holes in the columns for a pre blast
- 3Placing of explosives for Pre blast to understand the quantity of explosives to be used to displace concrete and direct the fall.
- 4Taking a Pre blast.
- 5After through understanding of the structure, drill the required holes for final blast at a specified angle.
- 6Place the requisite quantity of explosives depending upon the direction of fall
- 7Connect the circuit and
- 8Press the trigger to take the final blast.